Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
kjm64, 15 December 2013, 14:29
So I am flying to New York, via Los Angeles in about 5 hours time. I will be going to New York, Chicago and Detroit. What are some places which are very easy to spot? I know it is winter so it might be difficult, but I would like to get at least one spot over there. I am going to the Ford Museum in Detroit as well as the Gilmore Car Museum in Michigan.

kjm64
from Sydney, Australia
nyexphotography, 15 December 2013, 14:33
kjm64 wrote:
So I am flying to New York, via Los Angeles in about 5 hours time. I will be going to New York, Chicago and Detroit. What are some places which are very easy to spot? I know it is winter so it might be difficult, but I would like to get at least one spot over there. I am going to the Ford Museum in Detroit as well as the Gilmore Car Museum in Michigan.

Detroit is not a nice area. Chicago, NY and Detroit are probably all snowed in right now.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
smb127, 15 December 2013, 15:05
kjm64 wrote:

Michigan Avenue in Chicago, IL.

smb127
from Illinois
r8lover, 15 December 2013, 15:27
kjm64 wrote:

Detroit will have nowhere that is easy to spot. I go there yearly and the most I ever see is a Bentley downtown. The Henry Ford Museum is a brilliant museum and has lots of interesting stuff.

The only place I know to go in Chicago is Bentley Gold Coast. There are definitely others, I haven't been there in a while so I have no idea what else.
Last modified by r8lover, 15 December 2013, 20:27
Deleted account
cartmen220, 15 December 2013, 17:19
Forget NY. NOBODY is driving their exotics anytime soon unless they're filming snow drifting videos, which in NYC, they aren't. Don't waste your time looking for cars, enjoy NY doing other things.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
MrCar, 15 December 2013, 17:24
You won't find much in Detroit, Th most I've seen there is a Bentley.
In Chicago, if you go into the downtown area, the are bound to see some exotics :)
When I was there, I saw: FF, SLR, Bentleys, Rolls etc.

P.S
Near the outskirts of Detroit, there is a museum called the Stahl Museum---it is sort of hard to get to, but It pays off!
They have everything from REO's to Kaiser Darrins's to A Tucker!
A worker there let me sit in the Tucker!

MrCar
CTspotter458, 15 December 2013, 17:28
Mannhattan Motorcars is good to go to as well

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
nyexphotography, 15 December 2013, 19:54
In Detroit I saw a Tesla and a Viper… so don't expect much

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
Post a reply