Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Penguins22, 28 December 2018, 07:19
Love using this site, actually just got my second EC just this Thursday, and as I was sitting here late at night scrolling through some recent forum posts i see about people talking about changes to the site and what not and myself included how things need to be updated. But as it seems like I’ve been here forever now, I don’t know if I’ve ever actually see a true “change” to exotic spotter, it’s still the same website that I remember back when I really got into it about 8 years ago. For the sake of really the ES community, honestly are we waisting our time trying to spur change to the website, or do we have a somewhat of a chance to see kinda is I like to call it a modernization to the website. As if we don’t we could just direct focus on stuff like community building, maintaining and growing the amount of involved members, and even create a better environment rather than just focus on where the environment lives. Either way it seems like we got a good community and I’d just hate to try for so long for something that isn’t even plausible where we could try and build on some of the things that make our site so great

Penguins22
Mtweedel13, 28 December 2018, 08:04
Penguins22 wrote:
What he said because it's too long to use

A few months ago, I gave my opinion on it with a concept of Project 'Carspotting Global', in which I gave my opinion as to what an ideal carspotting site should include in an update, or what a completely new site should have.

I'm still in touch with my website designer friend, and I'm debating on whether or not I should call him to see if we can make it a reality.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
dandude999, 28 December 2018, 08:20
I think the admins here (Gregg and Eplusplus) just don't have the time to do anything with the site. For that reason, I believe they should appoint some people or someone to redevelop the site as I honestly don't think it will happen otherwise.
Last modified by dandude999, 28 December 2018, 08:21

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
WorcesterSpotter, 28 December 2018, 15:08
Why is King AM unable to use mod perms besides approving photos?

WorcesterSpotter
dandude999, 29 December 2018, 07:50
WorcesterSpotter wrote:
Why is King AM unable to use mod perms besides approving photos?

That's because he wasn't given any other permissions. I reckon he should at least be able to create new categories.

dandude999
King_AM, 29 December 2018, 08:20
Gregg himself told me that this website is merely a hobby and not a commercial business which means he cannot hire more developers as a result. In addition eplusplus has been experiencing health issues for quite some time but he's slowly improving but I only have the power to moderate photos and comments.

King_AM
adamsmith, 08 January 2019, 03:31
This post was deleted 08 January 2019, 19:38 by moderator
Deleted account
alex_absolute, 11 January 2019, 01:55
It's been a long time since I've posted to this site, but u check in regualary, i would personally love to see the site get a makeover, I still remember racing pics out of 10, can't believe it's been over a decade

alex_absolute
from the isle of man, United Kingdom
Rivitography, 11 January 2019, 05:10
Here is a more updated ExoticSpotter

Rivitography
from New York
dandude999, 11 January 2019, 07:22
I really want this site to be updated, but to be totally honest, I am starting to lose hope.
Last modified by dandude999, 11 January 2019, 07:23

dandude999
dandude999, 11 January 2019, 07:22
This post was deleted 11 January 2019, 07:23 by dandude999

dandude999
BugattiBoy, 19 January 2019, 14:07
An update would be insanely nice but I think the main thing why I still stop by here sometimes is because of the community of spotters here... one of the nicest I've been in :)

BugattiBoy
from Mission Viejo, California
dandude999, 20 January 2019, 08:23
BugattiBoy wrote:
An update would be insanely nice but I think the main thing why I still stop by here sometimes is because of the community of spotters here... one of the nicest I've been in :)

I agree, what makes me come back is definitely the amazing sense of community here!

dandude999
Mtweedel13, 22 January 2019, 03:55
Mtweedel13 wrote:
Penguins22 wrote:
What he said because it's too long to use

A few months ago, I gave my opinion on it with a concept of Project 'Carspotting Global', in which I gave my opinion as to what an ideal carspotting site should include in an update, or what a completely new site should have.

I'm still in touch with my website designer friend, and I'm debating on whether or not I should call him to see if we can make it a reality.

Update: I got back in touch with the friend after not talking for a while. Turns out he was in a bad motorcycle wreck back in December, and broke his leg badly. It'll be a while before he heals up, so I won't be giving any ideas as to updates/new sites for at least a few months.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
adamsmith, 22 January 2019, 20:29

That website blows major
Deleted account
Post a reply