Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
scudfan98, 02 December 2013, 19:44
i dont give two shits about the car. I hated the carrera gt anyway. BUT Paul Walker was my idol. He got me into cars when i was 10 and started watching the fast and furious. he was the character that alot of people could relate to. A normal kid that just had enough money for an eclipse and riced the sh*t out of it. When i went on instagram at 6 pm on saturday i saw his picture with R.I.P on the bottom. I immediately googled it and i was in shock. I will admit i couldnt sleep and even shed a tear when i found out. I have never met him but he was my inspiration. I still cant beleive it and I had just watched fast and furious one again the day before.

Those arent clouds. They are tire smoke from pauls r34 in heaven!
Last modified by scudfan98, 03 December 2013, 00:56

scudfan98
from Denver, Colorado
cartmen220, 02 December 2013, 19:52
scudfan98 wrote:
i dont give two shits about the car. I hated the carrera gt anyway. BUT Paul Walker was my idol. He got me into cars when i was 10 and started watching the fast and furious. he was the character that alot of people could relate to. A normal kid that just had enough money for an eclipse and riced the sh*t out of it. When i went on instagram at 6 pm on saturday i saw his picture with R.I.P on the bottom. I immediately googled it and i was in shock. I will admit i couldnt sleep and even shed a tear when i found out. I have never met him but he was my inspiration. I am gonna order a poster with his most famous quote on it "if one day speed kills me do not cry because i was simling". I still cant beleive it and I had just watched fast and furious one again the day before.

Fyi, that isn't a real quote of his. At least, last I heard it was officially unconfirmed. Here are some real quotes http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/paul_walker.html

Just saying so you don't buy a poster only to realize the man never said that.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
scudfan98, 02 December 2013, 19:57
cartmen220 wrote:
scudfan98 wrote:
i dont give two shits about the car. I hated the carrera gt anyway. BUT Paul Walker was my idol. He got me into cars when i was 10 and started watching the fast and furious. he was the character that alot of people could relate to. A normal kid that just had enough money for an eclipse and riced the sh*t out of it. When i went on instagram at 6 pm on saturday i saw his picture with R.I.P on the bottom. I immediately googled it and i was in shock. I will admit i couldnt sleep and even shed a tear when i found out. I have never met him but he was my inspiration. I am gonna order a poster with his most famous quote on it "if one day speed kills me do not cry because i was simling". I still cant beleive it and I had just watched fast and furious one again the day before.

Fyi, that isn't a real quote of his. At least, last I heard it was officially unconfirmed. Here are some real quotes http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/paul_walker.html

Just saying so you don't buy a poster only to realize the man never said that.

Damn i hate the internet. why would anyone make up a quote by a dead guy?

scudfan98
from Denver, Colorado
andrewo, 02 December 2013, 20:09
I haven't seen this here but it really annoys me how on some other sites people are insisting they weren't speeding and blaming it on a mechanical failure or on the car. The owner was a semi pro racing driver and had just gotten the car so he wasn't used to the limits of it and that is a notoriously difficult car to control. He was showing off to his friend on a street that is known for street racing. It's pretty obvious he was just going way to fast and lost it. Instead of coming up with excuses people should use this as a lesson to not drive recklessly. It's very sad but it is all because of a dumb decision the driver of the car made. They are lucky they didn't kill anyone else.
Deleted account
cartmen220, 02 December 2013, 20:12
scudfan98 wrote:

Damn i hate the internet. why would anyone make up a quote by a dead guy?

There's been worse said about Paul Walker on the internet since his death. Idk, I still can't believe he died. I remember watching the first fast and furious when I was like 10. Used to "street race" bikes down the hill by my house pretending we were in F&F cars. I was even proud to share his characters first name lol. Idk, too soon.
Last modified by cartmen220, 03 December 2013, 01:12

cartmen220
from New Jersey
cartmen220, 02 December 2013, 20:14
andrewo wrote:
I haven't seen this here but it really annoys me how on some other sites people are insisting they weren't speeding and blaming it on a mechanical failure or on the car. The owner was a semi pro racing driver and had just gotten the car so he wasn't used to the limits of it and that is a notoriously difficult car to control. He was showing off to his friend on a street that is known for street racing. It's pretty obvious he was just going way to fast and lost it. Instead of coming up with excuses people should use this as a lesson to not drive recklessly. It's very sad but it is all because of a dumb decision the driver of the car made. They are lucky they didn't kill anyone else.

It's the internet. I'm sure in some corners people still think Hitler is alive in Argentina. All the major news outlets are stating that speed was involved.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
A_A_L, 02 December 2013, 20:19
andrewo wrote:

Agreed. Porsche will undoubtedly take some heat for this. Without reason, family of the deceased will demand an investigation into the safety of the vehicle. Porsche will have to prove their car was safe and had no mechanical failure in its history.

When a much simpler answer is: excessive speed whether it be in a Hyundai or a Porsche will still kill you.

Anyways, my respects to the deceased. A prayer for the families.
Deleted account
andrewo, 02 December 2013, 21:05
I have confirmed that the car I saw was not the car he was killed in. It was in LA with silver wheels until 2009 and the photo I took was in 2011. This is it. photo here
Last modified by andrewo, 03 December 2013, 02:36
Deleted account
smb127, 02 December 2013, 23:05
andrewo wrote:

Paul owned the car. He was the 6th owner. They were both licensed Porsche "semi-pro" CUP drivers.

Excessive speed or not, he hit a freaking poll. Stopping quickly will kill ya. No way around it.

Another bit of info:
The fire started at the front of the car (gas tank). The car sat on fire with no by-standers' help for over a minute. That is enough time for the gas fire to spread. A trail of fluid was found on the road that is possibly gas. The car could have been leaking fluids (coolant, gas, water, oil, etc.) for quite some time. This could be why it spun. Failure on the driver's fault or the car's will never be known.

All we know is that this is a tragic thing that has happened and we lost a great man who most of us really admired.

Rest in peace, both of them.

smb127
from Illinois
venomgt95, 02 December 2013, 23:17
I have been wondering how Porsche is going to react to this...anyone else?

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
andrewo, 02 December 2013, 23:26
smb127 wrote:

Paul owned the car. He was the 6th owner. They were both licensed Porsche "semi-pro" CUP drivers.

Excessive speed or not, he hit a freaking poll. Stopping quickly will kill ya. No way around it.

Another bit of info:
The fire started at the front of the car (gas tank). The car sat on fire with no by-standers' help for over a minute. That is enough time for the gas fire to spread. A trail of fluid was found on the road that is possibly gas. The car could have been leaking fluids (coolant, gas, water, oil, etc.) for quite some time. This could be why it spun. Failure on the driver's fault or the car's will never be known.

All we know is that this is a tragic thing that has happened and we lost a great man who most of us really admired.

Rest in peace, both of them.

The car was owned by Roger Rodas. Even if there was some mechanical failure (which I don't believe) they would have been fine if they were going at a sane speed. There will always be an incentive to blame it on the car or mechanical problem because then Rodas is not liable for Walker's death. With the info we have now, the Walker estate or the insurance company will likely file suit against Rodas and basically take all his assets. It's very sad but it would have been very different if the driver did not make some dumb decisions.
Deleted account
andrewo, 02 December 2013, 23:27
venomgt95 wrote:
I have been wondering how Porsche is going to react to this...anyone else?

Does GM react every time someone dies in a Corvette? No. Porsche has no reason to react. Porsche is in no way responsible for this and it was entirely caused by a few reckless decisions that ended badly.
Deleted account
smb127, 02 December 2013, 23:33
andrewo wrote:

The car was owned by Roger Rodas. Even if there was some mechanical failure (which I don't believe) they would have been fine if they were going at a sane speed. There will always be an incentive to blame it on the car or mechanical problem because then Rodas is not liable for Walker's death. With the info we have now, the Walker estate or the insurance company will likely file suit against Rodas and basically take all his assets. It's very sad but it would have been very different if the driver did not make some dumb decisions.

Ah, you're right, it was Rodas' car.

I hope there will be no lawsuit or any of that nonsense. They both did well for themselves.
Last modified by smb127, 03 December 2013, 04:34

smb127
from Illinois
andrewo, 02 December 2013, 23:39
smb127 wrote:

I hope there will be no lawsuit or any of that nonsense. They both did well for themselves.

I hope so too for the Rodas family but if he is found responsible it will probably happen. Rodas' insurance company will do anything they can to blame this on something other than poor decisions so they don't have to pay for this mess. They may hire their own investigators to help prove that or say to the media that it was caused by a leaky power steering system or some other BS they come up with.
Deleted account
smb127, 03 December 2013, 00:01
andrewo wrote:
smb127 wrote:

I hope so too for the Rodas family but if he is found responsible it will probably happen. Rodas' insurance company will do anything they can to blame this on something other than poor decisions so they don't have to pay for this mess. They may hire their own investigators to help prove that or say to the media that it was caused by a leaky power steering system or some other BS they come up with.

And if the car is blamed, Porsche will say "this is a non-warranty, six owner, highly tracked, vehicle to be driven with caution". If its anyone's fault, it is the driver. Sadly there has to be a person or thing at fault.

But, with Walker being so close to Rodas, I dont believe the family will charge Rodas with anything since he died as well.

smb127
from Illinois
Post a reply