Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Eeti, 04 May 2016, 11:19
hyoung90 wrote:
the hard drive on my laptop died.. along with all my car week/spots.
There goes my spotting career. Bye guys

Tried taking it to some IT-shop? Often the data can be recovered if the disk has not completely shattered or something lol.

Sorry for your loss.
Deleted account
hyoung90, 04 May 2016, 12:38
sumosloths wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:
the hard drive on my laptop died.. along with all my car week/spots.
There goes my spotting career. Bye guys

That. Blows. You don't have backups?

Thanks guys. Last time I had it backed up, was about 60 weeks or so ago. I brought it in to an IT guy and he said my hard drive won't even read so don't get my hopes up on retrieving anything.

@eplusplus, that is incredibly generous of you, if you can, I would be really grateful!

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Eeti, 04 May 2016, 13:59
hyoung90 wrote:
I brought it in to an IT guy and he said my hard drive won't even read so don't get my hopes up on retrieving anything.

If you're lucky it's possible that only the head/reader is broken, so a computer won't be able to do anything with it even though your files might be in there. Some people/shops who specialize in file recovery might be able to help.
Deleted account
hyoung90, 04 May 2016, 14:54
Eeti wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:
I brought it in to an IT guy and he said my hard drive won't even read so don't get my hopes up on retrieving anything.

If you're lucky it's possible that only the head/reader is broken, so a computer won't be able to do anything with it even though your files might be in there. Some people/shops who specialize in file recovery might be able to help.

I called a specialize shop in Dallas, with a rate of 399/hour. At that rate, I might as well get a new laptop

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Eeti, 04 May 2016, 15:15
hyoung90 wrote:
Eeti wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:

I called a specialize shop in Dallas, with a rate of 399/hour. At that rate, I might as well get a new laptop

Haha, well that's quite steep.
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 04 May 2016, 15:37
hyoung90 wrote:
Eeti wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:

Dang, that sucks. Any chance you have any pics still sitting around on old memory cards from your camera?

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
DjShift, 05 May 2016, 12:37
hyoung90 wrote:
Eeti wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:

Probably very expensive but you may be able to get your platters read and recovered if it means that much to you.
Last modified by DjShift, 05 May 2016, 12:39

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
hyoung90, 06 May 2016, 00:25
Great news, the IT guy managed to fixed my laptop and nothing was lost <3
Last modified by hyoung90, 06 May 2016, 00:26

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Mtweedel13, 06 May 2016, 02:31
hyoung90 wrote:
Great news, the IT guy managed to fixed my laptop and nothing was lost <3

Glad to hear it!

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
DjShift, 06 May 2016, 16:03
And now my computer broke...

DjShift
Mazdafreak, 06 May 2016, 16:12
DjShift wrote:

Take it to whoever Howard took his to.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
venomgt95, 06 May 2016, 17:18
Mazdafreak wrote:
DjShift wrote:

LOL

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
DjShift, 06 May 2016, 18:34
venomgt95 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
DjShift wrote:

LOL

Lol. Pretty sure I didn't lose much if any on there but blew the graphics card which is $500 to replace according to the Genius Bar so can't upload for a while.

DjShift
racemanryan, 10 May 2016, 00:42
Give me your opinion on a mod I'm considering for my car here
Last modified by racemanryan, 10 May 2016, 00:42

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
dusky, 10 May 2016, 01:10
racemanryan wrote:
Give me your opinion on a mod I'm considering for my car here

Yes, they look good

dusky