Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
ScarredHyena, 16 September 2017, 05:12
Just a head's up. I will no longer be active on this site. If you want to continue see my work, check out my Instagram, @kevinrphotography
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 16 September 2017, 05:30
rip

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
waddle2gracious, 16 September 2017, 14:17
Another one bites the dust

waddle2gracious
from Florida
r8lover, 16 September 2017, 15:01
He goes through like 10 accounts a year on here, if this is like any of the numerous other times he left, he'll be back.
Deleted account
waddle2gracious, 19 September 2017, 05:46
Just saw that @silvawraith2 must have deleted his account. Sad to see such a knowledgeable member leave.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Adam M, 20 September 2017, 11:06
waddle2gracious wrote:
Just saw that @silvawraith2 must have deleted his account. Sad to see such a knowledgeable member leave.

Problem is there is a lack of care for each other's content really. Some people work there arse's off for content and get a lack of engagement. That's why instagram is becoming the new Exotic Spotter which is sad.

Adam M
from Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
waddle2gracious, 20 September 2017, 15:03
Adam M wrote:
waddle2gracious wrote:

Problem is there is a lack of care for each other's content really. Some people work there arse's off for content and get a lack of engagement. That's why instagram is becoming the new Exotic Spotter which is sad.

Yeah, I hardly get any comments on my photos anymore. One, maybe two at most (usually one is from @ALB15). I would always appreciate the great detail that @silvawraith2 would give to users upon their spotting of any Rolls-Royce prior to 2003. The guy was like a Rolls-Royce and Bentley library of information. Sad to see that his comments have also disappeared with his account deletion.

Instagram is a great way to get photos out to way more people, but unfortunately, ever since joining IG (@waddle_spots), I miss the sense of community that we used to have here on ES. Instead of people actually commenting on the cars and maybe asking questions, you just get a bunch of bots on IG posting comments like, "Photograph good! I like!" Sure, photos get more likes, but some of them are 'empty' likes, just bot-controlled accounts (unless you build up a large enough follower base).

Seems like the recovery efforts here in making more moderators and revamping the site have fizzled out once again. Haven't heard from the moderators in quite some time regarding any planned changes.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Ma-auto, 20 September 2017, 19:59
I was in line to become our second moderator (after Ashoor, of course) right after I got back from a 2 week trip, which I returned from at the beginning of August. I sent an email the day after I got back, and he said he was waiting on "second moderator slot" to open for me. I asked for him to let me know... Just about a month and a half later and I haven't heard anything. Oh well.

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
Fvckthissite, 21 September 2017, 00:50
Nothing but more and more empty promises from the Admins of this site. NOTHING has changed at all. They are just blowing smoke up your @ss with empty promises so you keep clicking on the site, despite completely ignoring its users and not doing anything to enhance it.

Didn't the Admin say that event shots/dealer pics would not be featured anymore? Bullsh!t, they are always featured. And by the way, it seems like the only shots people pay any attention to are the ones that aren't really true legit spots at all. You know, like pics from outside of obvious car shows, spectator lots, or anything from Car Week. Those are contrary to the essence of car spotting in the “wild”. Sh!t, may as well pull up a chair at an exotics dealer and upload everything you see there. That's basically where this site is headed.

I blame the pathetic Admins for that. He's proven time and again that his promises mean DIDDLY SQUAT. Next time he comes on these forums promising you changes, remember that he hasn't done a damn thing about any of the changes he's ever promised before.

Learn your lesson and leave this site permanently. Establish your car spotting communities on other far superior sites that actually care about or listen to its user's demands.

Remaining on this site is like trying to talk to a hot chick who once gave you a compliment but thinks you're a total doofus. Get over it, this site doesn't care about you either.
Deleted account
r8lover, 21 September 2017, 20:35
Fvckthissite wrote:
I blame the pathetic Admins for that. He's proven time and again that his promises mean DIDDLY SQUAT. Next time he comes on these forums promising you changes, remember that he hasn't done a damn thing about any of the changes he's ever promised before.

You do seem to forget now that there is a more reliable mod the photos are uploaded in a more timely manner.

Also I will forever say Car Week counts as legitimate spots.
Deleted account
r8lover, 21 September 2017, 20:35
This post was deleted 21 September 2017, 20:35 by r8lover
Deleted account
bullchaser, 22 September 2017, 16:38
I'm not giving up on the site, but it's frustrating watching it slowly die. I don't have an instagram account so this is all I have, I don't have a lot of time to spend on here as I am a full time student, but it's always nice to check in a few times a week to see what has been posted! I just wish there were more people here.

bullchaser
from Illinois
Post a reply