Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
cargame_parker, 11 September 2015, 13:08
Today is 9/11 and I would like to personally ask for everyone to pay at least a quick respect for those who died 14 years ago today. I barely remember it (I was only 4) but my dad was worried as hell not knowing if my mom was okay. We were in Jersey City celebrating my Nannys birthday when it happened. My mom was in North Carolina on a business trip inside the Bank of America building, one of the potential targets for terrorism. My dad has pictures of the towers from across the river and we didn't hear from my mom until the next day. She couldn't get a flight back for a week so she stayed with her boss. 6 years later we moved down the street form him. So 9/11 is how we found where we live today.
Anyways, thank you for taking a moment today if you do. It means a lot to someone who knows many people who lost parents to this tragedy.

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
carguyjt, 11 September 2015, 18:26
Rest in peace to everyone.

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
ianr22, 11 September 2015, 20:29
cargame_parker wrote:
Today is 9/11 and I would like to personally ask for everyone to pay at least a quick respect for those who died 14 years ago today. I barely remember it (I was only 4) but my dad was worried as hell not knowing if my mom was okay. We were in Jersey City celebrating my Nannys birthday when it happened. My mom was in North Carolina on a business trip inside the Bank of America building, one of the potential targets for terrorism. My dad has pictures of the towers from across the river and we didn't hear from my mom until the next day. She couldn't get a flight back for a week so she stayed with her boss. 6 years later we moved down the street form him. So 9/11 is how we found where we live today.
Anyways, thank you for taking a moment today if you do. It means a lot to someone who knows many people who lost parents to this tragedy.

Amen
Deleted account
King_AM, 12 September 2015, 03:21
I was born and raised in New York and saw everything unfold with my own eyes. During that time I was only 8 years old and in the middle of class we all watched the massive clouds of smoke out the third floor window from 15 miles away and everyone was shocked and confused as none of us knew what was going on when the planes hit the towers. I am very thankful that me, my parents, and family members were far away from the disaster. It deeply upsets me seeing all of that happening in person and nearly 3000 lives taken away, but they are all in a better place. RIP to them and I will never forget that tragic day.

King_AM
Eeti, 12 September 2015, 21:39
Rip also to those 107 who died in the Mecca crane collapse on 11/09/2015
Last modified by Eeti, 12 September 2015, 21:40
Deleted account
cooper, 21 January 2020, 18:00
King_AM wrote:
I was born and raised in New York and saw everything unfold with my own eyes. During that time I was only 8 years old and in the middle of class we all watched the massive clouds of smoke out the third floor window from 15 miles away and everyone was shocked and confused as none of us knew what was going on when the planes hit the towers. I am very thankful that me, my parents, and family members were far away from the disaster. It deeply upsets me seeing all of that happening in person and nearly 3000 lives taken away, but they are all in a better place. RIP to them and I will never forget that tragic day.

My grandpa was in the pentagon and survived

cooper
from Charlotte, North Carolina
Post a reply