Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
pdkcars, 21 September 2016, 02:56
Loving the car list. For some reason I'm excited about the Rolls Royces the most. I've always wanted to drive one of them across a huge map.

I'm very picky though, there are a few things that bother me about the game:
- No options to choose interior or caliper color (already mentioned)
- No functional convertible tops, which is pathetic
- Once again big mountains in the horizon that I'd sure enjoy driving through but, of course, they're just for show
Last modified by pdkcars, 21 September 2016, 02:57

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FanOfSuperCars, 21 September 2016, 05:09
Mtweedel13 wrote:
My Forza 6 permanently crashed on Sunday. The waiting begins...

How did that happen?

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
FanOfSuperCars, 21 September 2016, 05:11
pdkcars wrote:
there are a few things that bother me about the game:
- Once again big mountains in the horizon that I'd sure enjoy driving through but, of course, they're just for show

I agree with all the points here.

FanOfSuperCars
rivi3, 21 September 2016, 12:39
pdkcars wrote:
Loving the car list. For some reason I'm excited about the Rolls Royces the most. I've always wanted to drive one of them across a huge map.

I'm very picky though, there are a few things that bother me about the game:

. Scanning is difficult, and choosing interior color I guess isn't "realistic" in their eyes
. Scanning a convertible top going up and down would be very tricky (however MC:LA did this way back in 2008)
. Yep, no big mountains either. Maybe somewhere else in the map they will be revealed but idk

rivi3
from New York
pdkcars, 21 September 2016, 13:09
I mean it's no game breaker for me. But Kind of wish they had at least chosen better colors for some interiors instead of black. I remember the 599 GTB in Forza Motorsport 4. Had a tan interior. That was pretty nice.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
rivi3, 21 September 2016, 17:55
pdkcars wrote:
I mean it's no game breaker for me. But Kind of wish they had at least chosen better colors for some interiors instead of black. I remember the 599 GTB in Forza Motorsport 4. Had a tan interior. That was pretty nice.

The one thing that REALLY pisses me off about this game is that I have to drive on the wrong side of the road.

rivi3
from New York
sumosloths, 21 September 2016, 18:28
rivi3 wrote:
pdkcars wrote:

The one thing that REALLY pisses me off about this game is that I have to drive on the wrong side of the road.

No, that's part of the fun! Although they should have a LOT more RHD cars.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
pdkcars, 21 September 2016, 18:53
rivi3 wrote:
pdkcars wrote:

I used to drive on Fujimi Kaido all of the time in FM4 and tried keeping to the left side of the road so I'm kind o used to it.

Hoping FM4 comes back to the states or at like B.C. though.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
r8lover, 21 September 2016, 20:12
rivi3 wrote:

. Scanning is difficult, and choosing interior color I guess isn't "realistic" in their eyes
. Scanning a convertible top going up and down would be very tricky (however MC:LA did this way back in 2008)
. Yep, no big mountains either. Maybe somewhere else in the map they will be revealed but idk

I just love how Forza still has nothing that Test Drive Unlimited 2 had over 5 years after it was released. You could choose the interior color of your car and the wheels that were actual options on the car. You could put the roof up and down, raise and lower windows, and use the turn signals. And plus they had one of the best maps I've seen in any game. There were races that were 100 miles long, and it would actually take you a decent amount of time to drive across the map.
Deleted account
rivi3, 21 September 2016, 20:22
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

I just love how Forza still has nothing that Test Drive Unlimited 2 had over 5 years after it was released. You could choose the interior color of your car and the wheels that were actual options on the car. You could put the roof up and down, raise and lower windows, and use the turn signals. And plus they had one of the best maps I've seen in any game. There were races that were 100 miles long, and it would actually take you a decent amount of time to drive across the map.

They're not interested in making a great game. All they care about is making money.

rivi3
from New York
r8lover, 21 September 2016, 20:25
rivi3 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

They're not interested in making a great game. All they care about is making money.

That's literally the point of everything lol.

Test Drive Unlimited was frankly an awful game. I adore it and it's one of my favorites, but it's really not that good. It was buggy, had terribly animated people, and the cars drove like cr*p. They just compensated for what they didn't have with all of the cool features like buying houses, the huge world, the functionality of the cars, and all of the other little things.
Deleted account
rivi3, 21 September 2016, 21:19
I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition at GameStop, does this mean that I can pick it up on Friday?

rivi3
from New York
pdkcars, 21 September 2016, 22:34
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

Test Drive Unlimited was frankly an awful game. I adore it and it's one of my favorites, but it's really not that good. It was buggy, had terribly animated people, and the cars drove like cr*p. They just compensated for what they didn't have with all of the cool features like buying houses, the huge world, the functionality of the cars, and all of the other little things.

Exactly how I feel. Ever since Horizon 1 I've been wishing for a sort of combination of Forza and TDU, at least when it comes to the ideas.

Driving a California T around is fun but driving one in my own personalized spec WITH the roof down is better.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FanOfSuperCars, 21 September 2016, 22:47
pdkcars wrote:
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

Exactly how I feel. Ever since Horizon 1 I've been wishing for a sort of combination of Forza and TDU, at least when it comes to the ideas.

Driving a California T around is fun but driving one in my own personalized spec WITH the roof down is better.

Yeah TDU2 sucks quality wise (sounds, graphics, physics, ect.), but the features make it such a fun and enjoyable game to play.

A proper mix of Horizon and TDU2 features would be one of the best games ever.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 21 September 2016, 22:48

FanOfSuperCars
sumosloths, 21 September 2016, 22:56
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Yeah TDU2 sucks quality wise (sounds, graphics, physics, ect.), but the features make it such a fun and enjoyable game to play.

A proper mix of Horizon and TDU2 features would be one of the best games ever.

TDU2's features were really top-notch. Windows, blinkers, working convertibles, test driving cars before buying, buying/customizing houses, etc. After I installed the unofficial patch it was like a whole new game again. Unfortunately it only lasted like a week before it corrupted my save data; haven't gotten around to reinstalling it yet.

Pretty great open-world multiplayer too. Out of the few videogames I've ever owned, it's probably the one I've played the most except maybe NFSU1-2.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Post a reply