Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Penguins22, 09 September 2018, 05:50
Hate to keep bringing up the elephant in the room, but the leading photo of the week now having under 30 likes after pretty much a week old. Either the nostalgia or the fact I see potential in this site somehow still, but whatever it is its just upsetting to see after so many years here

Penguins22
BugattiBoy, 09 September 2018, 11:48
Ditto. Only been in this site for 10 months but I see old spots from 2009 to 2012 having dozens upon dozens of likes and favorites. However on the bright side, King_AM has stated that he has been talking to Gregg and Eplusplus about an update.

BugattiBoy
from Mission Viejo, California
Penguins22, 10 September 2018, 00:36
Talking is great but ive heard chatter since 2016,King_AM a real one for holding whats left of this ship together.

Penguins22
BugattiBoy, 10 September 2018, 01:04
Penguins22 wrote:
Talking is great but ive heard chatter since 2016,King_AM a real one for holding whats left of this ship together.

Yes, many kudos to him for not only giving up on the site but actually uploading photos very often.

BugattiBoy
waddle2gracious, 10 September 2018, 03:20
BugattiBoy wrote:
Ditto. Only been in this site for 10 months but I see old spots from 2009 to 2012 having dozens upon dozens of likes and favorites. However on the bright side, King_AM has stated that he has been talking to Gregg and Eplusplus about an update.

lol the last I've heard about a refresh was over a year ago in summertime. A new article in the blog was posted, a couple categories were added, and the 'moderator feedback' section was added. And then that was that.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Mtweedel13, 10 September 2018, 03:42
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I may not be one of the bigger users, but I'll do whatever I can to keep this website up, if not get it back to where it was. If I can do anything, please let me know.
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 10 September 2018, 03:42

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
King_AM, 10 September 2018, 04:06
I understand that many ES users have been continuously disappointed with the lack of update and redesign that was promised years ago, but the truth is Gregg himself told me that this website is simply a "hobby" and not an actual "commercial business" which means he is unable to afford hiring additional developers to fulfill those duties. As a result of that this website has experience a sharp decline over time and not only that he moved from one site of the country to another where he's busy taking care of everything going on in his life.

His partner eplusplus has been helping him out this entire time but can only do so much. I would love to revive this site had I been a programmer/developer but at the same time I'm actually promoting it on Instagram being an active user.

King_AM
dandude999, 10 September 2018, 06:29
King_AM wrote:
I understand that many ES users have been continuously disappointed with the lack of update and redesign that was promised years ago, but the truth is Gregg himself told me that this website is simply a "hobby" and not an actual "commercial business" which means he is unable to afford hiring additional developers to fulfill those duties. As a result of that this website has experience a sharp decline over time and not only that he moved from one site of the country to another where he's busy taking care of everything going on in his life.

His partner eplusplus has been helping him out this entire time but can only do so much. I would love to revive this site had I been a programmer/developer but at the same time I'm actually promoting it on Instagram being an active user.

I think all we can do for now is promote it. Gregg should give some more people who are willing to help developer status.

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
BugattiBoy, 10 September 2018, 10:46
King_AM wrote:

Yes, I've heard of Gregg and eplusplus being busy and it being simply a hobby for Gregg. But the facts are hobby or not, these site needs an update... right?
Well the one thing that has kept me here is the community of us users who don't give up on the site and keep uploading photos, commenting, etc. it's kept the experience on the site entertaining, at least for me, so that's why I'm staying. Plus I take cr*ppy photos that I want people to see.
Also I've stated it a few times before but King_AM you da bomb lol :D
Sadly, I don't have any social media besides this one so I can't help at all...
Last modified by BugattiBoy, 10 September 2018, 10:46

BugattiBoy
Mtweedel13, 10 September 2018, 18:56
For the social media promotion thing, I should probably admit something.

Ever since I saw that the site was in decline, which was about 2016 when I noticed, I figured that promotion was what the site needed. Unfortunately at the time, the only social media app I had at the time was iFunny, an entertainment app. It was rarely used for car pics, but it was better than nothing. So I made an account with the name of the site and started posting pictures from here.

As of today, the account has over 1,400 followers, and I'm able to post send-in pictures from other users. I even got a 2nd guy, @CB.Cars on Instagram, to help me out when I need to take time away. (Awesome guy!) Some of the pictures have even become more popular on the account than they have here. For example, the black F40 posted last year has over 160 likes on my account compared to 50-20 here.

I've been thinking of making a similar announcement on the account to try and set the record straight, as many have asked in recent times whether or not the pictures are mine. (Some are.) If I get in any trouble for this, I completely apologize.

Example Picture

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
dandude999, 10 September 2018, 20:42
Mtweedel13 wrote:

Ever since I saw that the site was in decline, which was about 2016 when I noticed, I figured that promotion was what the site needed. Unfortunately at the time, the only social media app I had at the time was iFunny, an entertainment app. It was rarely used for car pics, but it was better than nothing. So I made an account with the name of the site and started posting pictures from here.

As of today, the account has over 1,400 followers, and I'm able to post send-in pictures from other users. I even got a 2nd guy, @CB.Cars on Instagram, to help me out when I need to take time away. (Awesome guy!) Some of the pictures have even become more popular on the account than they have here. For example, the black F40 posted last year has over 160 likes on my account compared to 50-20 here.

I've been thinking of making a similar announcement on the account to try and set the record straight, as many have asked in recent times whether or not the pictures are mine. (Some are.) If I get in any trouble for this, I completely apologize.

Example Picture

I think it is fine, as long as you give credit to the site! : D
Last modified by dandude999, 10 September 2018, 20:42

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
BugattiBoy, 10 September 2018, 20:48
Mtweedel13 wrote:

Example Picture

D O I T

BugattiBoy
Post a reply