Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Forzafaithful99, 14 October 2015, 01:41
CountOfTuscany wrote:
So, I'm planning to at least attempt to start an exotic photoshoot business, but I'm not sure what some of the specifics should be. If you don't mind me asking, what is a reasonable price to charge, if any? And do any of you actually do framing or do you let the owner handle that to their liking?

Thanks!

Make a LOT of connections.

I charge 50$ a shoot for the dealer I work a lot with but mostly because it's consistent business. It's usually more... but I enjoy it and money isn't a huge issue. Sometimes you have to start free just to get out there. Get contact info and then arrange a TIME and a PLACE. :)

(Done a lot of stuff since last post but here's a Granturismo from today...really soft car but it's still nice a has a decent pull)
[https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5744/21527972013_f8e6430507_k.jpg]Maserati Granturismo by yupicard, on Flickr

Forzafaithful99
CTspotter458, 18 October 2015, 05:28
Forzafaithful99 wrote:
CountOfTuscany wrote:
So, I'm planning to at least attempt to start an exotic photoshoot business, but I'm not sure what some of the specifics should be. If you don't mind me asking, what is a reasonable price to charge, if any? And do any of you actually do framing or do you let the owner handle that to their liking?

Thanks!

I charge 50$ a shoot for the dealer I work a lot with but mostly because it's consistent business. It's usually more... but I enjoy it and money isn't a huge issue. Sometimes you have to start free just to get out there. Get contact info and then arrange a TIME and a PLACE. :)

(Done a lot of stuff since last post but here's a Granturismo from today...really soft car but it's still nice a has a decent pull)
[https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5744/21527972013_f8e6430507_k.jpg]Maserati Granturismo by yupicard, on Flickr

When it comes to shoots, i dont charge for taking the pics. Why do that when there are 10 other kids that will do it for free with just as good of quality. Its much better to just make friends and have awesome expericances with them, instead of using them to just shoot cars, ya feel?

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
r8lover, 18 October 2015, 05:32
Forzafaithful99 wrote:

I just looked at your set of photos for that car. Great shots! You're making me miss it so much lol.
Deleted account
Forzafaithful99, 18 October 2015, 12:11
r8lover wrote:
Forzafaithful99 wrote:

I just looked at your set of photos for that car. Great shots! You're making me miss it so much lol.

Oh thanks! it is a wonderful car, what did you trade it for?

Forzafaithful99
Forzafaithful99, 18 October 2015, 12:14
CTspotter458 wrote:
Forzafaithful99 wrote:
CountOfTuscany wrote:

Thanks!

When it comes to shoots, i dont charge for taking the pics. Why do that when there are 10 other kids that will do it for free with just as good of quality. Its much better to just make friends and have awesome expericances with them, instead of using them to just shoot cars, ya feel?

Totally understand, however you can always have amazing experiences...make friends....and some income too. People often take you more seriously if you're not working for free too.

Forzafaithful99
r8lover, 18 October 2015, 13:47
Forzafaithful99 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Forzafaithful99 wrote:

Oh thanks! it is a wonderful car, what did you trade it for?

A Boxster S. A good car, but it's no GranTurismo.
Deleted account
Forzafaithful99, 22 October 2015, 02:17
[https://farm1.staticflickr.com/587/22373010735_c769505181_k.jpg]Brown Targa take 2 by yupicard, on Flickr

Forzafaithful99
Mustang1, 22 October 2015, 02:50
ummmmm I did a cr*ppy shoot of my dads 2002 325i today lol, he calls it exotic

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
nyexphotography, 22 October 2015, 02:56
Mustang1 wrote:

Bimmer gang

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
Mustang1, 22 October 2015, 06:26
nyexphotography wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:

Bimmer gang

yeah, he is trying to sell it so he can fix up his 89 supra targa, then he will try for some exotic under 30k

Mustang1
FanOfSuperCars, 22 October 2015, 06:47
Mustang1 wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:

Bimmer gang

yeah, he is trying to sell it so he can fix up his 89 supra targa, then he will try for some exotic under 30k

I can't think of many "exotic" cars under 30k..

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
maxim380, 22 October 2015, 10:05
I might have a shoot with a DeTomaso Pantera GT5 in a while!

maxim380
from Netherlands
cargame_parker, 22 October 2015, 17:28
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:

Bimmer gang

Older Qattroportes

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Mustang1, 22 October 2015, 17:55
cargame_parker wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:

Bimmer gang

Older Qattroportes

nah, the only cars he is thinking about is a v8 vantage or 997

Mustang1
bej96, 22 October 2015, 18:07
Not really in exotic but it can beat a lot of exotics

bej96
from New Zealand
Post a reply