Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Lamborarri, 21 October 2015, 01:02
CanvasRider wrote:
We have a 2012 5 series gran turismo and that car is properly comfy, mostly cuz its based off a 7 series chassis and suspension

I have not sat in a 5-GT but have been in a 550i, that car is so comfortable. Not as much as a Bentley, Rolls, or Maybach though...

Lamborarri
from Illinois
r8lover, 21 October 2015, 03:39
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
The escalade isn't bad. The Range Rover is very nice. Drove a Lexus RX last week very comfortable, the Tesla wasnt bad, Aston Martin Rapide was nice. Best one I have sat in is a Bentley Continental Supersports with quilted leather. SLS very uncomfortable.

Oh lord not a Lexus RX. My grandmother has one of those. I hate it with a passion. The seats are decent but it drives so badly.

I don't recall the SLS being that bad when I sat in it.

Its fine to sit in, its awful to drive over any surface that isn't smooth

I don't recall hearing anything about that being an issue from any of the automotive magazines. I'm surprised.

I rode in an aston V8 vantage, Ferrari 458, Tesla, Camaro Zl1 and Rapide all over the same surface and they were all more comfortable.

Was the SLS in comfort mode?

Yes.

That surprises me. I've never heard anyone ever complain about how that car rode.
Deleted account
nyexphotography, 21 October 2015, 23:54
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
The escalade isn't bad. The Range Rover is very nice. Drove a Lexus RX last week very comfortable, the Tesla wasnt bad, Aston Martin Rapide was nice. Best one I have sat in is a Bentley Continental Supersports with quilted leather. SLS very uncomfortable.

Oh lord not a Lexus RX. My grandmother has one of those. I hate it with a passion. The seats are decent but it drives so badly.

I don't recall the SLS being that bad when I sat in it.

Its fine to sit in, its awful to drive over any surface that isn't smooth

I don't recall hearing anything about that being an issue from any of the automotive magazines. I'm surprised.

I rode in an aston V8 vantage, Ferrari 458, Tesla, Camaro Zl1 and Rapide all over the same surface and they were all more comfortable.

Was the SLS in comfort mode?

Yes.

That surprises me. I've never heard anyone ever complain about how that car rode.

Its really hard. Also not easy to get in and out of.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
r8lover, 22 October 2015, 03:21
nyexphotography wrote:

It wasn't super easy, I'll give it that. Though I'm tall and I was fine getting in and out. Did the car you rode in have the adjustable suspension? That apparently wasn't a thing on the coupe until after 2012.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 22 October 2015, 23:28
The hardest car to get in and out of for me was the 12C GT Sprint. Although it was surprisingly comfortable for a track car...

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
burdmanmarc877, 23 October 2015, 02:19
I would say a BMW M3 E92 is probably the most comfortable car I have been in. Seats are amazing and driving position is perfect. Second would be a 2013 S65.

burdmanmarc877
from San Diego, California
nyexphotography, 23 October 2015, 03:08
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:

It wasn't super easy, I'll give it that. Though I'm tall and I was fine getting in and out. Did the car you rode in have the adjustable suspension? That apparently wasn't a thing on the coupe until after 2012.

No it was an 11"

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
r8lover, 23 October 2015, 03:16
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:

No it was an 11"

Ah, that explains it then.
Deleted account
Post a reply