Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
DerpTheCandleGuy, 25 February 2015, 17:19
I have a quick question. Are Mercedes CLK 430 AMGs and S55 AMGs rare?
Last modified by DerpTheCandleGuy, 25 February 2015, 23:31

DerpTheCandleGuy
from Charlotte, NC & Detroit, Michigan
AlpinaYLO, 25 February 2015, 18:27
DerpTheCandleGuy wrote:
I have a quick question. Are Mercedes CLK 430 AMGs and S55 AMGs rare?

CLK 430 AMGs are not rare cause it's not an AMG. S55 AMGs are generally rare. Production is around 6,400 for for the US.

AlpinaYLO
DerpTheCandleGuy, 25 February 2015, 18:38
AlpinaYLO wrote:
CLK 430 AMGs are not rare cause it's not an AMG. S55 AMGs are generally rare. Production is around 6,400 for for the US.

That's odd. Across from me, there is an S55 AMG that sits there and sometimes drives. I have caught multiple pictures of it and tried to upload them but they haven't been accepted. I also have seen my first CLK 430 AMG at Yama Sushi & Grill in Concord, NC. I caught bad pics though.
Last modified by DerpTheCandleGuy, 26 February 2015, 00:42

DerpTheCandleGuy
AlpinaYLO, 25 February 2015, 20:52
DerpTheCandleGuy wrote:
AlpinaYLO wrote:

That's odd. Across from me, there is an S55 AMG that sits there and sometimes drives. I have caught multiple pictures of it and tried to upload them but they haven't been accepted. I also have seen my first CLK 430 AMG at Yama Sushi & Grill in Concord, NC. I caught bad pics though.

Only the CLK55, CLK63, & CLK63 AMG Black Series are AMG. Any other CLK430 with "AMG" on it has the AMG Sport Package which is mainly a styling package.

It's likely because the S55 AMG isn't really seen as an exotic anymore. But if you managed to find a S63 or S65 AMG of the same generation, you'll have a better chance getting it accepted. Also S63 AMG used a 6.3L V12 producing 444hp, but are very rare because they were sold only for one month in 2001 for the European & Asian markets. Production numbers were never disclosed for the S63 AMG.

The S65 used a 6.0L V12 BiTurbo producing 612hp. Only an estimated 400 or so S65 AMGs were sold.
Last modified by AlpinaYLO, 26 February 2015, 03:02

AlpinaYLO
DerpTheCandleGuy, 25 February 2015, 21:19
AlpinaYLO wrote:
DerpTheCandleGuy wrote:
AlpinaYLO wrote:

Only the CLK55, CLK63, & CLK63 AMG Black Series are AMG. Any other CLK430 with "AMG" on it has the AMG Sport Package which is mainly a styling package.

It's likely because the S55 AMG isn't really seen as an exotic anymore. But if you managed to find a S63 or S65 AMG of the same generation, you'll have a better chance getting it accepted. Also S63 AMG used a 6.3L V12 producing 444hp, but are very rare because they were sold only for one month in 2001 for the European & Asian markets. Production numbers were never disclosed for the S63 AMG.

The S65 used a 6.0L V12 BiTurbo producing 612hp. Only an estimated 400 or so S65 AMGs were sold.

Alright. Thanks for the info!

Also, I remember in 2014 before I left to go back to Michigan in the summer, there was an S550 AMG in the parking lot and mazdafreak said it was just a package or an added AMG badge.

DerpTheCandleGuy
AlpinaYLO, 25 February 2015, 21:33
DerpTheCandleGuy wrote:
AlpinaYLO wrote:
DerpTheCandleGuy wrote:
AlpinaYLO wrote:

Alright. Thanks for the info!

Also, I remember in 2014 before I left to go back to Michigan in the summer, there was an S550 AMG in the parking lot and mazdafreak said it was just a package or an added AMG badge.

Except of the 190E AMG 3.2 & AMG Hammer (300E AMG), ALL AMGs are designated by a Mercedes letter followed by a 2 digit number (EX: C63). It is so easy to assume a Mercedes with an "AMG" badge is a real AMG. Any Mercedes with a 3 digit number following a letter (EX: S550) that has "AMG" on it either is an AMG Sports Package (also commonly called AMG Appearence Package) or just added the badge later on.

AlpinaYLO
Post a reply