Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Ferrarifanman, 10 September 2016, 20:36
What does everyone think of the McLaren P14? It seems like the internet is pretty divided on it, but I personally love it. The 12C/650S' design was pretty elegant, but this looks more aggressive and I love that. And I love how even though overall, the design is radically new, you can still see design elements from the P1, 570S, and 675LT. It's about time that we have an insane-looking mini P1 and I can't wait to see it in a different color than matte black.
[http://icdn-3.motor1.com/images/mgl/26qJ4/s3/mclaren-p14-spy-photo.jpg]
[http://icdn-9.motor1.com/images/mgl/16eyK/s3/mclaren-p14-spy-photo.jpg]

Ferrarifanman
r8lover, 10 September 2016, 20:45
I'd need to see the finished car. The profile looks like it could be good and the 570GT does give me hope McLaren will design a good looking car. Though it'll be hard to capture the elegant simplicity that was the 12C.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 11 September 2016, 06:16
I think it looks really nice.

Although, as with every McLaren, everyone who sees one will think it's a P1.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
ExoticSam, 11 September 2016, 15:43
sumosloths wrote:
I think it looks really nice.

truuuuu

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
carguyjt, 12 September 2016, 12:51
Eh it's Okay. I'm not a big fan of where McLaren is going design wise though

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
abcs, 12 September 2016, 22:27
I miss the 12C. Not liking where McLaren has gone design-wise since the 12C.

abcs
from Canada
r8lover, 12 September 2016, 22:37
sumosloths wrote:

Wait, that isn't a P1? Hehe
Deleted account
carguyjt, 12 September 2016, 22:39
abcs wrote:
I miss the 12C. Not liking where McLaren has gone design-wise since the 12C.

Same. I'm not gonna lye, from what I've seen of this new P14, it looks pretty bad. The 12c was a Beautifully designed car.

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
VolvoMan05, 13 September 2016, 00:27
If McLaren makes this I'll barge into Ron Dennis' office and ask him what the hell he was thinking when he gave the order to make that. It's like all the McLaren models had sex with each other and a LaFerrari and this is the end result. It better not be the successor to the 650S because that is just too embarrassing and unfit in all ways. Here's an idea for a McLaren about the category they SHOULD put it in: SuperUgly Series. The original 12C idea which evolved to the 650S, 675LT, 570S, 570GT, and 688HS was fine. Now they've gone and butchered it to "keep up with modern age design and times". That's Mercedes-Benz's damn job.
Last modified by VolvoMan05, 13 September 2016, 00:28

VolvoMan05
ExoticSam, 13 September 2016, 02:50
VolvoMan05 wrote:
If McLaren makes this I'll barge into Ron Dennis' office and ask him what the hell he was thinking when he gave the order to make that. It's like all the McLaren models had sex with each other and a LaFerrari and this is the end result. It better not be the successor to the 650S because that is just too embarrassing and unfit in all ways. Here's an idea for a McLaren about the category they SHOULD put it in: SuperUgly Series. The original 12C idea which evolved to the 650S, 675LT, 570S, 570GT, and 688HS was fine. Now they've gone and butchered it to "keep up with modern age design and times". That's Mercedes-Benz's damn job.

the hell did u get laferrari from out of that

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Mtweedel13, 13 September 2016, 02:58
This might be just me, but I see a bit of resemblance in the front end to the Koenigsegg Regera.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
sumosloths, 13 September 2016, 18:55
Mtweedel13 wrote:
This might be just me, but I see a bit of resemblance in the front end to the Koenigsegg Regera.

Ehh, it's just you

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
VolvoMan05, 13 September 2016, 19:47
This post was deleted 13 September 2016, 19:48 by VolvoMan05

VolvoMan05
VolvoMan05, 13 September 2016, 19:48
ExoticSam wrote:
VolvoMan05 wrote:

the hell did u get laferrari from out of that

The side, starting from right behind the front wheel to the back wheel

VolvoMan05
FanOfSuperCars, 13 September 2016, 22:09
It looks like someone threw a P1, 675LT and 570GT in a blender.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Post a reply