Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Choose
Rolls Royce

Maybach

Total: 28
venomgt95, 03 October 2014, 08:40
Which do you prefer? No specific model, just the brand and all their cars in general. I have to go with Rolls Royce.

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
beckerman, 03 October 2014, 10:25
Maybach.

beckerman
from Hoyt, Kansas
cincycarz, 03 October 2014, 15:13
Rolls Royce

cincycarz
from Liberty Township, Ohio
A_A_L, 03 October 2014, 16:09
Rolls Royce is the easy choice.

It has the history, the prestige, the luxury, the image, etc... Everything you want in a status symbol.

Let's face it, the Maybach has a gorgeous interior. But on the outside, it just looks like a modified Mercedes S-Class. Plus, you know, the company went belly up.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 03 October 2014, 17:44
If I had to choose between a Phantom and a Landaulet, I'd choose the Landaulet. Other than that, I'd have to say RR.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
hyoung90, 03 October 2014, 17:58
i'd definitely go with RR specifically for the Wraith and the new Phantom Metropolitan Collection

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
nyexphotography, 03 October 2014, 19:25
Neither.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
r8lover, 03 October 2014, 22:04
nyexphotography wrote:
Neither.

That's not an option. Although why not either out of curiosity?
Deleted account
r8lover, 03 October 2014, 22:07
Rolls Royce would be my choice all the way. The only Maybach that I like better than most Rolls Royces is the Landaulet, and that's it. Other than that I like Rolls Royce better; especially many of their past cars like the Silver Shadow or Phantom series (I-VI, all varying depending on the bodystyle and coachbuilder).
Deleted account
andrewo, 03 October 2014, 22:18
The Maybach 62 is an infinitely better car than the Phantom but Maybach isn't around anymore so I don't know how one can even compare the two brands. Maybach was killed off by WWII and the revival of the brand was in name only.
Deleted account
RareCarGuy, 04 October 2014, 18:33
Rolls Royce. I love the way they look.
Deleted account
nyexphotography, 05 October 2014, 09:20
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
Neither.

Id rather have a Mulsane

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
venomgt95, 06 October 2014, 06:03
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
Neither.

Id rather have a Mulsane

Those are ugly.

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
dcoopsd, 06 October 2014, 22:33
It's funny that this discussion is being had as I was just chatting today about the Maybach's revival (and then subsequent death, again). Simply put, the Maybach revival was an awkwardly refreshed S-Class. With exception to the Landulet (which could have been an interesting competitor if it weren't for the "Marcia" styling" over the rest of the car.... it's difficult to sell a vehicle with an over $1million asking price if the entire car isn't designed well).

If given the choice between an S-Class at it's high end and a Maybach, I'd take the more elegantly detailed S-Class, hands down. Interestingly enough, MB has announced that now the Maybach moniker will now be just that, the top end S-Class.

As for Rolls Royce (which has also seen a revival since it's purchase by BMW... I had the opportunity to sit with their creative director and even he apologized for the turn RR took in the 80's and 90's), their designs are elegant, stately, and (because I've driven the Wraith on three separate occasions; 1,700 miles from Scottsdale and then again during Pebble Beach) meant to be driven. Their sumptuous, well designed, wonderfully detailed (not to mention bespoke) vehicles that turn heads... every time. A light depress of right pedal and you're hauling along at 130 miles per hour on a backroad south of Hoover Dam.

dcoopsd
from San Diego, California
jkljosiah, 07 October 2014, 10:56
venomgt95 wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
Neither.

Id rather have a Mulsane

Those are ugly.

There are at least three Mulsannes around here :p

jkljosiah
Post a reply