Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
sumosloths, 02 October 2014, 00:01
This is for general thoughts/discussion on the new Asterion concept that was just just revealed at the Paris Motor Show.

I thought it looked a bit... boring based on the first pictures I saw, but since then it's been growing on me a bit.
Last modified by sumosloths, 02 October 2014, 16:54

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
A_A_L, 02 October 2014, 00:50
To be honest, this car looks like a C7 Corvette and a Nissan 370Z mashed together. And the backside is almost identical to the existing Huracan. Has Lamborghini ran out of original design ideas?
Deleted account
Cars4life1323, 02 October 2014, 01:18
Just looks like a 2-door Estoque. Lamborghini and hybrid just don't go together.
Not much of a fan right now but it may grow on me.

Cars4life1323
from San Diego, California
zonda21, 02 October 2014, 05:40
I like the front but the back looks a bit weird. I'm sure it'll grow on me though.

zonda21
from Rochester , New York
Eeti, 02 October 2014, 06:06
A_A_L wrote:
C7 Corvette

Ummhh... how?
Deleted account
venomgt95, 02 October 2014, 06:28
i like it :D

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
alex_absolute, 02 October 2014, 08:53
I actually really like it, looks somewhat classy (for a lamborghini) more down to earth than the batshit crazy lamborghini we know

alex_absolute
from the isle of man, United Kingdom
andrewo, 02 October 2014, 09:08
I love it and it is exactly what Lamborghini needed right now. They used to make flashy but still well designed cars but the Aventador and Huracan look terrible and are way over done IMO. The new one looks awesome.
Deleted account
venomgt95, 02 October 2014, 09:45
andrewo wrote:
I love it and it is exactly what Lamborghini needed right now. They used to make flashy but still well designed cars but the Aventador and Huracan look terrible and are way over done IMO. The new one looks awesome.

The Aventador is cool, but im still kinda 'ehh' on the Huracan, i mean i like it, but i don't know at the same time

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
sumosloths, 02 October 2014, 10:14
I think they could have put more work into the design of the headlights, and I'm not a huge fan of the Veneno-esque taillights, but it is kind of nice to see Lamborghini using a more conservative design in one of their cars. I also like how it's a bit reminiscent of the Miura. One thing about it that I'm not quite sure about is the size of it. It looks pretty big compared to Lamborghini's last cars, at least in pictures. I'll have to see it in person I guess.

sumosloths
beckerman, 02 October 2014, 10:26
I think that it is awesome and that Lamborghini should put it into production.

beckerman
from Hoyt, Kansas
A_A_L, 02 October 2014, 13:22
Eeti wrote:
A_A_L wrote:
C7 Corvette

Ummhh... how?

This is how I see it...
[http://i.imgur.com/kLIV89l.jpg]
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 02 October 2014, 14:49
It's too bland in my eyes. One of the things I love about Lamborghini's is that they've always (for the most part) had very edgy, sharp designs. You might not like the look of them, but they were very crisp. This design lacks the edginess I'm used to seeing on Lamborghinis...it's too watered down, and all the lines and curves are too rounded for my liking.

But I don't have $400,000+ to spare to vote with my own money, so it's not like anyone at Lamborghini gives a rip about my opinion.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
sumosloths, 02 October 2014, 15:13
I think Lamborghini's problem is that opinions about their cars vary a lot from person to person. If they release a really edgy car, people claim it's too impractical, but if they release a more conservative car, people say that it's not edgy enough. Personally, I like the Huracan and the Aventador, and I'm starting to like this Asterion too, but Lamborghini will never really win the approval of everyone.

sumosloths
SDJ2_Photography, 02 October 2014, 15:25
Me gusta.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
Post a reply