Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Werner, 17 January 2017, 08:27
So, I was on the internet, and found several websites selling collision, theft recovery, and flood damaged supercars. That got me thinking, and I am wondering. Does anyone know if a flood damaged supercar can be repaired in such a manner, that it doesn't necessarily have a full interior, but is street legal? Would it be feasible to work on it at home?

Its a stupid idea, the insurance would be bad, its a ludicrous thought, but I can't help but be saddened at the thought of these poor cars, going to complete waste, being sold for parts.

Please mention whatever flaws come to mind. This is something that I have wondered about for some years now, and I now have people that I can ask. Thank you for reading this far.
(Broken Supercars >> http://thebidclub.com/Ferrari/Home_1.htm)

Werner
from Coeur d'Alene, United States
FanOfSuperCars, 17 January 2017, 16:19
Pretty sure the engine could be compromised as well as other important parts of the car.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 17 January 2017, 16:20

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Werner, 17 January 2017, 16:40
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Pretty sure the engine could be compromised as well as other important parts of the car.

Would that be possible to completely tear down/rebuild? Or are you talking rust in the cylinders?
Last modified by Werner, 17 January 2017, 16:47

Werner
FanOfSuperCars, 17 January 2017, 17:39
Werner wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

Would that be possible to completely tear down/rebuild? Or are you talking rust in the cylinders?

Not entirely sure. Also forgot to add damage can vary depending how long the car was in water and if the water was salt water.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 17 January 2017, 17:41

FanOfSuperCars
Werner, 17 January 2017, 17:57
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Werner wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

Not entirely sure. Also forgot to add damage can vary depending how long the car was in water and if the water was salt water.

Yeah. And whether they attempted to start it without removing the spark plugs, and spark plug cables. It would definitely need a new air filter, transmission fluid, brake fluid, oil, drained gas tank, the carpet would need taken out to dry, there could be mold problems, and the paint could be ruined. But hey! You could still brag to your friends, "I discovered a great life hack! Using my method, I bought a Ferrari for less than the hated, Toyota Prius!"

Werner
FanOfSuperCars, 18 January 2017, 15:53
Werner wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Werner wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

Yeah. And whether they attempted to start it without removing the spark plugs, and spark plug cables. It would definitely need a new air filter, transmission fluid, brake fluid, oil, drained gas tank, the carpet would need taken out to dry, there could be mold problems, and the paint could be ruined. But hey! You could still brag to your friends, "I discovered a great life hack! Using my method, I bought a Ferrari for less than the hated, Toyota Prius!"

More like

"I bought a Ferrari for less than the hated, Toyota Prius! ..But then I had to repair it, and I could've bought many Toyota Prius for that price."

FanOfSuperCars
Werner, 18 January 2017, 19:42
"But its still a Rari!"

Werner
Twinbros22, 19 January 2017, 18:36
Werner wrote:
"But its still a Rari!"

Don't forget one of the most important things that will be compromised in a flood - electrical. Water + Electronics = Bad

It's honestly not worth it, as the repairs to the engine would be very expensive.

Twinbros22
from South Carolina
r8lover, 19 January 2017, 23:00
Twinbros22 wrote:
Werner wrote:
"But its still a Rari!"

Don't forget one of the most important things that will be compromised in a flood - electrical. Water + Electronics = Bad

It's honestly not worth it, as the repairs to the engine would be very expensive.

A cheap entry price usually means a more expensive upkeep.
Deleted account
Werner, 20 January 2017, 22:19
It is a pity that exotic cars are so expensive to repair.

Werner
Post a reply