Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
JsamBRG, 17 August 2014, 23:49
Chaserdog wrote:
For those of you that went to Car Week what was your favorite spot?

After quickly glancing at my photos, today I spotted Michael Fux driving his green P1, and the rest of his crew, I think he owns the yellow Speciale and the rolls royce too. The BMW i8 was cool to spot as a combo shot too. [http://i.imgur.com/6Td6ONn.jpg]

JsamBRG
from San Francisco, California
dcoopsd, 18 August 2014, 06:41
Chaserdog wrote:
For those of you that went to Car Week what was your favorite spot?

That's certainly a hard one to answer! It was nice to see the BMW i8 make multiple appearances and catching the Pagani Zonda on the road in a natural environment was also great.

I will say, I'd be quite happy if I didn't see another Ferrari for awhile. It's like Modena exploded in Monterey this week.

dcoopsd
from San Diego, California
PackMan, 18 August 2014, 09:11
Did anyone see the gray LaFerrari at Car Week?
Last modified by PackMan, 18 August 2014, 14:11

PackMan
from California
dcoopsd, 18 August 2014, 10:43
PackMan wrote:
Did anyone see the gray LaFerrari at Car Week?

Was it a dark charcoal or graphite grey? If so then yes... it was parked in one of the racing pits at the Rolex Motorsports Reunion on Saturday during the day.

dcoopsd
r8lover, 18 August 2014, 15:29
W16 wrote:
The owner hated the attention he was getting in it. He was bothered by all the spotters chasing him. It's actually at Laguna Seca right now.

If he didn't like the attention, then why buy one of the flashiest and most expensive new cars that you can?
Deleted account
W16, 18 August 2014, 15:50
r8lover wrote:
W16 wrote:
The owner hated the attention he was getting in it. He was bothered by all the spotters chasing him. It's actually at Laguna Seca right now.

If he didn't like the attention, then why buy one of the flashiest and most expensive new cars that you can?

I'd love to go into the heads of the super rich but instead I'll sit here confused just like you.

W16
from Pennsylvania
dcoopsd, 18 August 2014, 19:00
As Richard Gere once said in Pretty Woman when asked why he would get the penthouse though he was afraid of heights - "Only the Best"

dcoopsd
andrewo, 19 August 2014, 12:07
r8lover wrote:
W16 wrote:

A friend of mine is friends with the owner. He said it was just too crazy and people would run out in front of the car and do wacky stuff so he drove his SL instead. The owner is a very well respected Ferrari collector but must have underestimated the amount of attention that the car would get.
Last modified by andrewo, 20 August 2014, 05:16
Deleted account
andrewo, 19 August 2014, 12:10
falsely wrote:
MystSpot wrote:
Anyone know if the gray Laferrari is US-owned or show car?

US owned from Chicago

It is owned by a collector based in Hong Kong.
Deleted account
r8lover, 19 August 2014, 16:56
andrewo wrote:
A friend of mine is friends with the owner. He said it was just too crazy and people would run out in front of the car and do wacky stuff so he drove his SL instead. The owner is a very well respected Ferrari collector but most have underestimated the amount of attention that the car would get.

That makes a lot more sense as to why he wouldn't drive it. That's not just receiving a lot of attention, that's downright dangerous.
Deleted account
samaserati, 19 August 2014, 18:09
andrewo wrote:
r8lover wrote:
W16 wrote:

A friend of mine is friends with the owner. He said it was just too crazy and people would run out in front of the car and do wacky stuff so he drove his SL instead. The owner is a very well respected Ferrari collector but most have underestimated the amount of attention that the car would get.

jeez, how do you seem to know literally every respected collector?

samaserati
from bergen county, New Jersey
AJ Ferrari, 19 August 2014, 18:44
andrewo wrote:
r8lover wrote:
W16 wrote:

I hate to see people run out in front of cars like that just for the "best photograph." I have noticed that happens a bunch in the London videos I have watched. It is downright rude. Those people ruin car spotting for everyone.

AJ Ferrari
c-osu7, 19 August 2014, 19:00
r8lover wrote:
andrewo wrote:

That makes a lot more sense as to why he wouldn't drive it. That's not just receiving a lot of attention, that's downright dangerous.

Agreed. Most of us on the site are some of the biggest car fanatics and I still can't even imagine being that stupid to get a shot of a car! It's idiotic.

c-osu7
from Ohio
andrewo, 19 August 2014, 19:17
AJ Ferrari wrote:
andrewo wrote:
r8lover wrote:
W16 wrote:

I hate to see people run out in front of cars like that just for the "best photograph." I have noticed that happens a bunch in the London videos I have watched. It is downright rude. Those people ruin car spotting for everyone.

I totally agree.
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 19 August 2014, 19:32
andrewo wrote:
AJ Ferrari wrote:
andrewo wrote:
r8lover wrote:
W16 wrote:

I totally agree.

100% agreed. Only time I have been out in the middle of the road for a shot was when a Mclaren 21C stopped for me at a crosswalk

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
Post a reply