Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mtweedel13, 12 April 2016, 02:46
Well, that's not promising... Tesla Model X is already getting recalled for an unsafe 3rd row seating part

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
r8lover, 12 April 2016, 17:36
Mtweedel13 wrote:
Well, that's not promising... Tesla Model X is already getting recalled for an unsafe 3rd row seating part

Not promising or the company wanting to keep it's customer's safe from a potential issue? It's kind of nice when the company admits the issue before anyone gets injured because of it.
Deleted account
r8lover, 12 April 2016, 17:38
Hennessey claims to have set the speed record for the world's fastest roofless car. This is despite the fact that the car has a rollcage that appears to connect the front and back parts of the car, therefore negating any of the additional structural engineering a roofless car would normally require.

[http://wordpress.carthrottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/hennessey-venom-gt-spider-delivery-to-steven-tyler-photo-gallery_6-655x409.jpg]

To me that feels about as roofless as the 997 911 Targa.
Last modified by r8lover, 12 April 2016, 17:40
Deleted account
sumosloths, 12 April 2016, 18:17
r8lover wrote:
Hennessey claims to have set the speed record for the world's fastest roofless car. This is despite the fact that the car has a rollcage that appears to connect the front and back parts of the car, therefore negating any of the additional structural engineering a roofless car would normally require.

[http://wordpress.carthrottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/hennessey-venom-gt-spider-delivery-to-steven-tyler-photo-gallery_6-655x409.jpg]

It doesn't count as a production car anyway since Steven Tyler's is the only one.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
r8lover, 12 April 2016, 18:22
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:

It doesn't count as a production car anyway since Steven Tyler's is the only one.

They did it in a yellow one, so there may be more than one.

That doesn't really matter though, since it's nothing but a modified Lotus with a Corvette engine and a microscopic production run.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 12 April 2016, 18:52
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:

That doesn't really matter though, since it's nothing but a modified Lotus with a Corvette engine and a microscopic production run.

It does not look like a Lotus in person

sumosloths
r8lover, 13 April 2016, 00:24
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:

It's a modified chassis. You can see the Lotus influence in the body to a decent extent. It's just a lot longer and wider.
Deleted account
Mtweedel13, 13 April 2016, 02:14
r8lover wrote:
Mtweedel13 wrote:

Not promising or the company wanting to keep it's customer's safe from a potential issue? It's kind of nice when the company admits the issue before anyone gets injured because of it.

It is nice, but it isn't promising because the car is getting recalled within its first year of production, which most other cars [other than both the cars I happen to own :(] do not share with it.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
r8lover, 13 April 2016, 14:35
Mtweedel13 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mtweedel13 wrote:

It is nice, but it isn't promising because the car is getting recalled within its first year of production, which most other cars [other than both the cars I happen to own :(] do not share with it.

Cars get recalled all the time. It's not a super uncommon thing. They just aren't largely publicized unless it's a threat to people's lives or extremely widespread (i.e. GM ignition recall or Takata airbag recall).

I'm not saying the recall is good, but just because a car is recalled doesn't mean it's going to spell trouble for the rest of the lineup or future cars.
Last modified by r8lover, 13 April 2016, 14:41
Deleted account
williamparish, 13 April 2016, 14:47
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:

There's also a white one for sale right now.
Last modified by williamparish, 13 April 2016, 14:48

williamparish
from North Carolina
sumosloths, 13 April 2016, 15:33
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:

It's a modified chassis. You can see the Lotus influence in the body to a decent extent. It's just a lot longer and wider.

Yeah, I thought it looked like a silly long Lotus when I first saw it in pictures, but when I saw it in person it looked more like an original car and I liked it a lot more.

sumosloths
r8lover, 13 April 2016, 17:23
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:

Yeah, I thought it looked like a silly long Lotus when I first saw it in pictures, but when I saw it in person it looked more like an original car and I liked it a lot more.

Plus it also irks me massively that it's titled as a Lotus Elise (as pointed out in the ad provided by williamparish). It can't be a "production car" if it starts life as another car, is registered as another car, and never goes through crash testing or anything else a normal car manufacturer would need to go through.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 13 April 2016, 22:42
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:

Plus it also irks me massively that it's titled as a Lotus Elise (as pointed out in the ad provided by williamparish). It can't be a "production car" if it starts life as another car, is registered as another car, and never goes through crash testing or anything else a normal car manufacturer would need to go through.

Wait, it's actually titled as a Lotus? Does that make it... a kit car?

sumosloths
r8lover, 13 April 2016, 23:00
sumosloths wrote:
Wait, it's actually titled as a Lotus? Does that make it... a kit car?

It might. It has the VIN and Title of a Lotus.
Deleted account
SDJ2_Photography, 14 April 2016, 12:58
This post was deleted 14 April 2016, 12:58 by SDJ2_Photography

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
Post a reply