Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
CTspotter458, 16 October 2014, 16:38
The Subaru WRX STI and the Mitsubishi Evo. As shown in Top Gear, when tuned right, they can outrun a supercar in the quarter mile, and take them on in the corners as well. Plus it was a stock evo that beat a lambo in the corners

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
CTspotter458, 16 October 2014, 16:39
hjrodenburg wrote:
What are some cars you think are underrated? Personally, I think the Jaguar XJ220 is underrated.

AGREEEEED. I love the XJ220, and it is so overlooked

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
burdmanmarc877, 16 October 2014, 16:56
Agree with the XJ220. Nobody even looked at it at a show recently and were all over the P1 and Vitesse. I love the XJ220. Also the LP670 SV is very underrated.

burdmanmarc877
from San Diego, California
hjrodenburg, 16 October 2014, 22:31
Also the Porsche 959.

hjrodenburg
from Washington
wtfsia69, 16 October 2014, 22:35
Toyota Prius
1. Killer design that could put Pininfarina to shame.
2. Speed machine, faster than a Ferrari with no wheels.
3. All the girls love a man who drives a Prius.
4. That milage though, saving you gas money to spend on weed.
5. Saves polar bears (Not really cause the production process is a pain in the ass but people don't need to know about that.)
Last modified by wtfsia69, 17 October 2014, 03:38

wtfsia69
andrewo, 16 October 2014, 23:53
Three cars I think are underrated are the Ferrari 308/328, the Lamborghini LM002 and all G Wagons.

The 308 and 328 aren't that fast in a straight line but they are perfect in every other way and I am not just being biased. It is an all around fantastic car.

The LM002 is completely pointless but is more awesome than anything else on the road. The illogical combination of a military vehicle with a Countach or Diablo V12 turned out to be genius. It didn't used to be but now it is one of my my favorite cars just because it is so nuts. Maybe I'm crazy.

I don't think most people comprehend the brilliance of the Mercedes G. It is a car that really should not exist and is nearly identical to when it was released 35 years ago. They are hand made in a special factory in Austria and drive wonderfully. Everything on them is mechanical and the whole thing feels invincible.
Deleted account
andrewo, 16 October 2014, 23:54
CTspotter458 wrote:
The Subaru WRX STI and the Mitsubishi Evo. As shown in Top Gear, when tuned right, they can outrun a supercar in the quarter mile, and take them on in the corners as well. Plus it was a stock evo that beat a lambo in the corners

I have to agree with you about the STI. I was very impressed with one and liked it a lot more than the E92 M3.
Deleted account
bej96, 17 October 2014, 02:57
sumosloths wrote:
bej96 wrote:
Driveblox man wrote:
Any Gen. of M car
The base first-gen Gallardo
Subaru WRX (No STI)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Mercedes 190SL
The C7

The subaru WRX STI is waaaayyyy better than the WRX anyone will agree with me?? Next your guna say that the Mitsubishi lancer evo is slow??

There's a difference between saying the WRX is underrated and saying the WRX STI is slow.

I didn't say either of them were slow??

bej96
from New Zealand
beckerman, 17 October 2014, 09:02
wtfsia69 wrote:
Toyota Prius
1. Killer design that could put Pininfarina to shame.
2. Speed machine, faster than a Ferrari with no wheels.
3. All the girls love a man who drives a Prius.
4. That milage though, saving you gas money to spend on weed.
5. Saves polar bears (Not really cause the production process is a pain in the ass but people don't need to know about that.)

I see what you did there but the BMW i-hatchback thing(I forgot the name) that gets much better mileage than a Prius at 470.8 mpg.
Last modified by beckerman, 17 October 2014, 14:02

beckerman
from Hoyt, Kansas
lemurking13, 17 October 2014, 09:44
andrewo wrote:
Three cars I think are underrated are the Ferrari 308/328, the Lamborghini LM002 and all G Wagons.

The 308 and 328 aren't that fast in a straight line but they are perfect in every other way and I am not just being biased. It is an all around fantastic car.

The LM002 is completely pointless but is more awesome than anything else on the road. The illogical combination of a military vehicle with a Countach or Diablo V12 turned out to be genius. It didn't used to be but now it is one of my my favorite cars just because it is so nuts. Maybe I'm crazy.

I don't think most people comprehend the brilliance of the Mercedes G. It is a car that really should not exist and is nearly identical to when it was released 35 years ago. They are hand made in a special factory in Austria and drive wonderfully. Everything on them is mechanical and the whole thing feels invincible.

Plus the G wagon is one of the most amazing off road vehicles you can buy..Not that people drive them offroad but thats really what they were designed for

lemurking13
from Yarmouth, Maine
venomgt95, 17 October 2014, 09:45
the new Ghibli and the DB9

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
r8lover, 17 October 2014, 12:38
venomgt95 wrote:

No! The New Ghibli is overrated by a million miles. To call it a piece of sh*t is even giving it too much credit. The car doesn't look, sound, or feel like a Maserati at all, and I could tell this just by being a passenger! The quality is appalling for what you're paying for the car, which is highly overpriced when compared to any other comparably sized sedan. In the two I've chosen to sit in, the first (the very first one in the United States) had a broken rear air vent nozzle thing and the second one (the one my dad test drove and I rode in) had some strange noises and vibrations coming from the wheels that really should not have been there on a $80,000 car. Now I've heard of a few people having things like the writing on the buttons wearing off after stupidly short periods of time.

The car does look decent, but that's the only plus point I could ever give to it. It is a modern day BiTurbo (kudos to Maserati for naming the engine they use a "BiTurbo" after the worst car in their illustrious 100 year history).
Deleted account
venomgt95, 17 October 2014, 12:41
r8lover wrote:
venomgt95 wrote:

No! The New Ghibli is overrated by a million miles. To call it a piece of sh*t is even giving it too much credit. The car doesn't look, sound, or feel like a Maserati at all, and I could tell this just by being a passenger! The quality is appalling for what you're paying for the car, which is highly overpriced when compared to any other comparably sized sedan. In the two I've chosen to sit in, the first (the very first one in the United States) had a broken rear air vent nozzle thing and the second one (the one my dad test drove and I rode in) had some strange noises and vibrations coming from the wheels that really should not have been there on a $80,000 car. Now I've heard of a few people having things like the writing on the buttons wearing off after stupidly short periods of time.

The car does look decent, but that's the only plus point I could ever give to it. It is a modern day BiTurbo (kudos to Maserati for naming the engine they use a "BiTurbo" after the worst car in their illustrious 100 year history).

lol nothing to say about the DB9? :P

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
r8lover, 17 October 2014, 12:42
venomgt95 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
venomgt95 wrote:

lol nothing to say about the DB9? :P

I was only concerned with the Ghibli.
Deleted account
venomgt95, 17 October 2014, 12:43
so you agree?

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
Post a reply