Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
mojo9434, 08 November 2014, 11:55
The AMG-GT. It's nice, but I think they could have done better with the design of the back end. Same with the new S-Class coupe.

mojo9434
from Hamilton, Canada
sumosloths, 08 November 2014, 20:58
jkljosiah wrote:
The Mclaren 650s literally looks like some guy took 2 minutes to photoshop the two other cars Mclaren makes and came up with another dumb name.

The 650S wasn't really meant to be an all-new model, but more of an updated 12C. McLaren took pretty much everything about the 12C that wasn't so great, corrected it, and made the 650S based on that. I agree that the name leaves some to be desired, but I really do like the looks of it. If we're talking about cars that could've been done better, then that would technically be the 12C, and the 650S is the one that was... done better.
Last modified by sumosloths, 09 November 2014, 03:02

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
sumosloths, 08 November 2014, 21:01
mojo9434 wrote:
The AMG-GT. It's nice, but I think they could have done better with the design of the back end.

I actually like the back end better than the front. I don't really like the angle of the headlights; I think it makes it look less classy. I do like the look of the car overall, though.

Except I really don't like the name. It'll be so confusing for non-car people.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Mazdafreak, 09 November 2014, 11:23
burdmanmarc877 wrote:
LaFerrari. The name along with the design could've been much better.
Huracan. Looks so cheap and poorly executed.
458. Mass produced along with a boring body style.
Ghost. Mass produced and cheap interior compared to a Mulsanne. The rear doesn't look the best.
new Flying Spur. The body style really isn't attractive. Just looks boring.
Porsche Macan. It looks so compact, the rear and front annoy me.
M4. Only better if it had a V8. Love the looks and how it drives.

BMW went back to the I6 for the current M3/M4 because people complained after they went to the V8.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
wtfsia69, 09 November 2014, 11:31
Mazdafreak wrote:
burdmanmarc877 wrote:
LaFerrari. The name along with the design could've been much better.
Huracan. Looks so cheap and poorly executed.
458. Mass produced along with a boring body style.
Ghost. Mass produced and cheap interior compared to a Mulsanne. The rear doesn't look the best.
new Flying Spur. The body style really isn't attractive. Just looks boring.
Porsche Macan. It looks so compact, the rear and front annoy me.
M4. Only better if it had a V8. Love the looks and how it drives.

BMW went back to the I6 for the current M3/M4 because people complained after they went to the V8.

In my opinion the problem with the current M3/M4 is that its not that different in comparison to the 335/435 M sport. It doesn't differentiate itself enough and essentially the only difference between the two is the number of exhaust pipes and body kit. They both share the same engine except one has more power and playing exhaust tunes through the speakers isn't helping either, that's just my personal opinion though.

wtfsia69
r8lover, 09 November 2014, 12:34
wtfsia69 wrote:
In my opinion the problem with the current M3/M4 is that its not that different in comparison to the 335/435 M sport. It doesn't differentiate itself enough and essentially the only difference between the two is the number of exhaust pipes and body kit. They both share the same engine except one has more power and playing exhaust tunes through the speakers isn't helping either, that's just my personal opinion though.

Don't forget that the M also has a differently tuned engine, the transmissions may be different (I don't know), different suspension, and various other performance bits that are different.
Deleted account
r8lover, 09 November 2014, 12:35
Mazdafreak wrote:

I'm also pretty sure they had the matter of fuel economy and emissions regulations to worry about as well.
Deleted account
jkljosiah, 09 November 2014, 13:12
I'm pretty darn sure all BMW's with 3s or 4s in the name are the exact same car.

jkljosiah
r8lover, 09 November 2014, 13:46
jkljosiah wrote:
I'm pretty darn sure all BMW's with 3s or 4s in the name are the exact same car.

Well, in a way they are. They all share the same basic architecture, as do all 1s, 2s, 5s, 6s, and 7s. However, the engines, bodykits, performance enhancing parts, price, and bodystyles all vary between them typically.
Last modified by r8lover, 09 November 2014, 19:46
Deleted account
92-DH, 09 November 2014, 14:33
mojo9434 wrote:
The AMG-GT. It's nice, but I think they could have done better with the design of the back end. Same with the new S-Class coupe.

Totally agree with you!

92-DH
from St.Austell, United Kingdom
maxim380, 09 November 2014, 14:56
jkljosiah wrote:

That's because the 4-Series is basically a 3-Series Coupe. Apart from the 4-Series Gran Coupe, which has 4 doors again, so it's really a 3-Series again with a different name.

maxim380
from Netherlands
wtfsia69, 09 November 2014, 16:20
r8lover wrote:
wtfsia69 wrote:

Don't forget that the M also has a differently tuned engine, the transmissions may be different (I don't know), different suspension, and various other performance bits that are different.

I'm aware the engine is tuned differently however it is still the exact same block, the S55 developed from the N55 engines are fantastic motors, the N55 in the E9X's when remapped could push 430HP and easily defeat their M3 counterparts, that said I would still pick a NA V8 over that. I'm also aware they did what they did for emission purposes and it sucks cause I feel like M cars are losing their uniqueness, and this applies to the M5/M6's too. Obviously this is only my personal opinion but if I were to spend another 25k more for an M over a 335i/435i M Sport car I would want it to stand out further more.

wtfsia69
Post a reply